If you love sweets, but avoid sugar - you should try our non sugar cookies! Based on all natural sweeteners (which are great replacement for sugar ingredients), you will create delicious, shortbread cookies.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 tsp stevia powder
- In a large bowl, cream together agave, butter and stevia powder. Add in: egg, almond extract and vanilla, then mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours and salt to get rid of any lumps. Slowly add flour to the butter in two or three batches, mixing in between until the dough forms a soft, sticky ball.
- Wrap the dough in for example plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. When ready to roll out the dough- heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Then, lay a piece of parchment down on a work surface. Lightly flour the parchment and place the dough on top (flattening with both hands)
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on the top of the dough and then lay a second piece of parchment on top.
- Roll out the dough with normal (plane) pin between the parchment sheets for example to a 1/4 inch thick.
- When using our the Funny Baker’s pin, use a bit of force and very slowly roll the pin into the dough (then you will see some wonderful patterns on the dough)
- Then you should cut out into desired shapes. Ready cookies place cut on the baking sheet- 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes (sometimes look and them and control), until the edges of the cookies are lightly brown. Then cool them for few minutes.
You can also substitute liquid stevia for powder stevia and substitute honey for agave if you want. (in the same proportions)
HOW TO CARE FOR THE ROLLER:
- After use, clean the roller with a water
- From time to time, impregnate the roller with oil
- Protect from sunlight
- Do not put in the dishwasher