This is a recipe for lovers of brown sugar
- 150g unsalted softened butter
- 1 ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2tsp of vanilla extract
- ½tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp of salt
- 3 ¼ cups of wheat flour
- 2ts ground cinnamon
- 1ts finely grated nutmeg
- ½tsp ginger powder
- ½tsp anise seeds powder
- ½tsp of finely crashed black pepper
- Blend the sugar and butter together with handheld electric mixer until both are bright and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix well. Sift the flour, add baking powder, baking soda and salt and mis together. Add the rest of the spices and mix until combined. If the dough is too sticky add some flour if it is to dry add a little bit of milk.
- Shape a dough into a disk, cover it with cling film and store in the fridge for few hours or overnight. This is to facilitate creation patterns. Divide the dough into two parts and work with one portion at the time. Sprinkle the working surface lightly with the flour and roll out the dough evenly with a non-pattern (plane) roller to ¼ inch thick. Then use our Funny Baker's roller to make your favourite pattern.
- Cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Bake cookies at 200 degrees for about 7-8 minutes, until the edges of the cookies look like they are flushed (sometimes check out the cookies)
- Let the cookies cool completely. They will be a bit soft when warm, but they will get tougher when they cool down. Store them tight in a container.
HOW TO CARE FOR THE ROLLER:
- After use, clean the roller with a water
- From time to time, impregnate the roller with oil
- Protect from sunlight
- Do not put in the dishwasher